Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Beware eBay seller!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
BadWolfBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beware eBay seller!!!

I saw this while shopping for an enclosure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOLIDAY-SPEC...item5d381e0e23

For those that don't recognize the picture (or if he removes it), this is an inside shot of Kal's awesome control panel.

I wrote Kal to make sure he was in the know about his pics being ripped off, and his response:

/* quote
This company has a history of issues, including counterfeiting circuit breakers worth millions. I’m surprised they’re still in business.

See: http://m.ice.gov/news/releases/1112/...nville.htm?f=m
And: http://www.justice.gov/usao/flm/pres...116_Toldy.html

We no longer deal with them at all for any of our parts.

*/ unquote

I've made a good number of purchases from him, including contactors, switches, indicators, etc...

I'm going to be taking my business elsewhere. We put a lot of time and effort into making sure our electrical breweries are well built and safe. The best design can still cause damage with faulty components though.

This is the first I've seen of counterfit parts from him, so I'm guessing that others are also unaware. Just wanted to point it out so you can all make informed decisions when you buy.

Many thanks to Kal for pointing this out, and for his whole website.

Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
BadWolfBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

ohh, I should note. The ebay seller is electrical_parts .

Old 07-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
kal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 188 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 5

FWIW, I emailed them to ask that they remove the picture as it's copyright and also deceptive (their enclosure is the wrong size). They complied.

There was some discussion about this company's past practices on the forum here:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/uhh...reaker-287420/

Kal

Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
stlbeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Yesterday, maybe, they complied. The link in the first post is showing your panel today.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
kal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Probably because the auction is ended and by default it shows the first picture that was (originally) uploaded. No worries.

Kal

Old 08-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
pbc_scott
Recipes 

Default Pioneer Breaker and Electrical_Parts on EBAY

Hello All,

My name is Scott Simmons and I am the new GM at Pioneer Breaker. I have been reading the articles regarding Pioneer and our Ebay store (Electrical_Parts) regarding the counterfeiting and brewery pictures and would like to offer some comments and hopefully make amends with the brewing community.

First off, I will not make excuses for the behavior of this company in the past. There was a counterfeiting suit and the company and owner are dealing with the results of that suit. I have 2 comments regarding that:

1) There is no counterfeiting going on today; we get our OEM products from legitimate sources and offer generic electrical products that we source from overseas.

2) I took this position specifically to clean up this business and get it on the right track. I have full control of the company and I promise you that we are running everything by the books today. I simply won't risk my reputation engaging in any unethical business practices.

Ebay Pictures: The pictures were removed from EBAY immediately after Kal brought them to my attention.

Pioneer has been mismanaged for a long time. I am in the process of cleaning it up. I have made some headway, but still have a lot to do.

One thing that is fixed here is order accuracy, a process has been implemented to ensure we ship the correct items. If there are any variances we communicate with the customer immediately. Please check out the feedback for electrical_parts on Ebay. It is 100%, that is a direct result of my efforts to operate this company professionally and ethically.

So .... I really would like to do business with the home brewing community. We have several items which work well for the brewing kit that many of you have used. I am open to feedback (positive, negative, ideas, items to carry etc.) to help us be a better solution.

As GM of Pioneer Breaker I am asking for a second chance.
As Scott Simmons, I am asking for a first chance. This company is very different from the Pioneer Breaker of 2012 and before.

I am committed to personally handle any issues with our products and how they are represented and sold.

I can be reached directly at 512.834.1011 or scott@pioneerbreaker.com

Thank you all for your past and future business.

Scott

Old 08-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
kal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks for posting Scott.

Based on your comments above, I take it that Elod Tamas "Nick" Toldy (who pleaded guilty to the charges) still profits off sales made with this company?

Kal

Old 08-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
pbc_scott
Recipes 

Hi Kal,

He is still the owner of the company so the answer to your question in yes. However, he is not involved in the day to day operations of the company as we have an executive team and board of directors now.

We have 8 employees here who depend on the company for their livelihood and benefit from the profits as well. Our plan is to grow the company and be able to employ more people in the near future.

I can understand your frustration with Tamas and Pioneer in the past. Please realize that there are consequences being paid currently.

There are good and honest people here now just trying to make a living. In some sense its the lessor of 2 evils; he may benefit to some degree, but others do as well. If the company fails, then 8 good people lose their jobs too.

Scott

Old 08-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
kal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks for the honest response Scott.

Kal

Old 08-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #10
DubBrew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

So I bought a ton of product from these guys a couple of years ago for my Kal clone. Do I have anything to worry about? Are any of the parts in a Kal clone potentially dangerous or involved in the counterfitting?

Next Up: Trippel

http://twitter.com/Tom_Ayers
Untappd: DubBrew
BJCP Certified

Closed Thread

Quick Reply