Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Beware of Auber Instruments
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
newtstampede
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Newest update....

Hello Mike,

FedEx has not responded yet. Normally, it will take several days. Our previous experience is that there is only 50% chance they will pay the claim. If they deny the claim, we will file an appeal and ask our local FedEx account manager to help. If the account manage feel we are a valuable customer, they will reconsider it. In any cases, the maximum we will get from FedEx is $100. We will ship another one as soon as we get the notification from them. However, this process can take weeks.

If you need the item in hurry, Here is what we suggest you can do.

1) Make a proposal to us that you think is fair to both you and Auber. If you insist that Auber is 100% liable for the lost of package, please explain why (e. g. there are other company has such policy). If it is convincing, we will consider it.
Here is what I feel is fair. Our gross margin on these order is about 33% or less. So, we can split the loss. Each party pays 1/3 of the loss. If FedEx will honor the claim later, The fund will be used compensate the buyer's loss first.
2) If the above solution is not acceptable, you can ask your bank to initiate the charge back. Let the banks to decide what is a fair solution. We will accept what ever the bank's decision is.

As a suggestion for you future FedEx shipment: For apartment complex address, if FedEx has no access to the mail box, and you are not at home most of time, you should let the package delivered to your work address. Otherwise, leave a note on the order: asking the FedEx to call you cell phone if no one is at home. It is how many customers from apartment complex of large metropolitan areas (such as New York) did. Although Junction City is not a large city, you should do that if the area is not safe. Paypal policy is the buyer is responsible to provide an address and select a shipping method that is secure for the package delivery.

P.S., Two previous Auber Customers have notified us that you are posting the problem on the HBT forum. This email has been BCC to them.

Sincerely,
Suyi Liu
Auber Instruments
www.auberins.com
770-569-8420

On Deck - Citra DIPA
Primary - Double Chocolate Stout
Secondary -
Fridge - SWMBO Slayer, Delirium Clone, Dry Cider, Belgian IPA

Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #22
movet22
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtstampede View Post
Newest update....

Hello Mike,

FedEx has not responded yet. Normally, it will take several days. Our previous experience is that there is only 50% chance they will pay the claim. If they deny the claim, we will file an appeal and ask our local FedEx account manager to help. If the account manage feel we are a valuable customer, they will reconsider it. In any cases, the maximum we will get from FedEx is $100. We will ship another one as soon as we get the notification from them. However, this process can take weeks.

If you need the item in hurry, Here is what we suggest you can do.

1) Make a proposal to us that you think is fair to both you and Auber. If you insist that Auber is 100% liable for the lost of package, please explain why (e. g. there are other company has such policy). If it is convincing, we will consider it.
Here is what I feel is fair. Our gross margin on these order is about 33% or less. So, we can split the loss. Each party pays 1/3 of the loss. If FedEx will honor the claim later, The fund will be used compensate the buyer's loss first.
2) If the above solution is not acceptable, you can ask your bank to initiate the charge back. Let the banks to decide what is a fair solution. We will accept what ever the bank's decision is.

As a suggestion for you future FedEx shipment: For apartment complex address, if FedEx has no access to the mail box, and you are not at home most of time, you should let the package delivered to your work address. Otherwise, leave a note on the order: asking the FedEx to call you cell phone if no one is at home. It is how many customers from apartment complex of large metropolitan areas (such as New York) did. Although Junction City is not a large city, you should do that if the area is not safe. Paypal policy is the buyer is responsible to provide an address and select a shipping method that is secure for the package delivery.

P.S., Two previous Auber Customers have notified us that you are posting the problem on the HBT forum. This email has been BCC to them.

Sincerely,
Suyi Liu
Auber Instruments
www.auberins.com
770-569-8420
What would the dollar amount be if you were to split the cost of the loss? How would you be able to know if FedEx ever did refund them 100%? At this point is it unreasonable for one to assume that such information could easily get 'lost in the shuffle' if it did happen?

Maybe this is just me, but that PS line really irks me.

My brain defaults to the 'trust no one' side of things when issues like this pop up, so this may actually be completely satisfactory and that last line benign. Now I am just rambling... don't mind me.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
bigljd
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

For the record, I am one of the 2 that notified Auberins of this thread. I had a great experience with them with the 2 orders I placed, and they were very helpful to me and had quick responses to questions I had regarding stuff I had bought from them.

It's very easy for people to come onto HBT and bash a company, but I thought that Auberins should have a chance to respond or at least be aware that they are being bashed and maybe try to make things right. I think they are a respectable company and I'd recommend anyone to use them. They may not have handled this issue perfectly, but I don't think they deserve to be burned at the stake for an issue that may have been avoided in the first place -if the OP knew his apartment was not safe for receiving packages, why did he have it sent there? Sounds like mistakes were made on both sides.

I have no stake in this fight, so don't bother attacking me because I don't care. I felt that the playing field needed to be leveled out by informing Auberins they were being attacked in a forum where a lot of their customers roam. Hopefully both parties can come to a satisfactory agreement.

People Like This 
Old 02-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #24
signmastr
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Most of this stems from Fedex policies of seller reinbursment. Good for the seller not the purchaser. (been there) UPS uses buyer reinbursment. Any problems, they pay you. You paid for the item your money should be refunded to you. I avoid using Fedex unless I'm the seller.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #25
MagooBrew
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

I also do not have a dog in this particular fight but it can sway who I deal with in the future. Auberins should strike this one as a loss to keep good PR. I, like a lot of others value the opinions voiced here on HBT. I deal with vendors on a daily basis at work that sell similar items. Being an electrical engineer my job depends on availabilty of parts and services. With the internet there is not a single item I purchase that I can not buy somewhere else. The reason I use certain companies is because of service. If they do not want to be a part of the solution, screw em. There are a hundred more in line that will gladly take my money. Just my 2¢.

"A flute with no holes is not a flute......
....... and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish."

Ty Webb

Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #26
bchurch
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts

After that email I would take option 2 if possible, take my business somewhere else and let them eat the loss. That email would have pissed me off to no end.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
johnsnownw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 12

There is a lot of anger and supposition going on in this thread. It seems to me that Auber is being quite upfront about the whole situation, and as far as I can tell aren't doing anything that would be considered poor business practice.

The facts are:
1. OP's box was stolen. (Fault lies solely with the OP)
2. No reimbursement has been awarded to Auber.
3. They have no obligation to award compensation of any kind.
4. They are trying to come up with a solution.

It's an unfortunate situation for the OP, but placing blame on Auber for something out of their control, and of which they have no responsibility towards, is a bit shortsighted.

Anyway, I hope it works out, as I'm sure it will.

Check out my friends art, or don't, whatever http://www.jvandike.com
People Like This 
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #28
shuckit
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I've ordered from Auber before and I've been happy with the customer service. They pre-programmed the PID and had everything in stock so things shipped quickly. I think they would gain a lot more business if they ate 100% of the cost and showed everyone on HBT they are willing to bend over backwards for us, but at the end of the day Auber may feel it's no fault of their own that the package got lost between Fedex and the buyer. Seems like Fedex has the bad customer service.

Auber sells a good product that a lot of us use and for every stolen package there are probably 99 happy customers.

I hope this get's resolved to your liking newtstampede.

Reason: typo

Old 02-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #29
whoaru99
Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsnownw View Post
There is a lot of anger and supposition going on in this thread. It seems to me that Auber is being quite upfront about the whole situation, and as far as I can tell aren't doing anything that would be considered poor business practice.

The facts are:
1. OP's box was stolen. (Fault lies solely with the OP)
2. No reimbursement has been awarded to Auber.
3. They have no obligation to award compensation of any kind.
4. They are trying to come up with a solution.

It's an unfortunate situation for the OP, but placing blame on Auber for something out of their control, and of which they have no responsibility towards, is a bit shortsighted.

Anyway, I hope it works out, as I'm sure it will.
I largely agree.

Provide a safe/secure delivery location and there would be no issue in the first place. Doesn't have to be Fort Knox, maybe there is someone in the building who's home during normal delivery hours that would accept packages for you. Or hold at the local hub, deliver to work, or ??.

Kegged and Carbing: Russian Imperial Stout
Drinking: Pre-prohibition Lager

Old 02-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #30
newtstampede
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My issue is with the way Auber is handling this on their end. I have contacted FedEx numerous times, started the investigation into a lost or mishandled package, and have followed up with FedEx on their case to which they said "we will reimburse the seller for the item and shipping expenses, you will have to work this out with Auber". FedEx will not pay to the seller. I sent all the case info to Auber informed them that FedEx will only pay them to which they responded that they will reship for $70. I called FedEx about this and they told me the same thing, that they will only reimburse the shipper and that what Auber is saying sounds kind of shady and recommended I call my bank on this matter.

bigljd- I don't mind that you informed them about this thread. That company does get quite a bit of business and recommendations from this board which is why I posted here. I had never heard of Auber before and I was going on their word of mouth reputation by others on this board.

As far as providing a safe place to deliver to...there is a safe place. Its called the apartment office. Which is open from 830-5 daily. The FedEx driver instead just left it at the door. This is why FedEx is taking responsibility for the missing package and paying Auber. I just got off the phone with FedEx, the claim was processed on the 25th and I was told that I should followup with the shipper again.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply