New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Beware of Auber Instruments

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
newtstampede
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Beware of Auber Instruments

Some of you may have seen this come up in my other thread. I want to leave that reserved for my E-HERMS build so I will continue the ongoing Auber/FedEx issues here.

To start out I ordered the bulk of my control panel parts from Auber. They had it sent FedEx and it arrived in a timely manner. The only issue is that the FedEx driver left the package in a shared stairwell and someone who lives in the building is a thieving bastard. Filed a complaint with FedEx, they investigated and marked it off as lost/stolen. Now here is where my problems with FedEx end. They did their part and will reimburse for the cost of the goods and shipping, but only to the original sender. Auber has to be the one to file the claim. After talking to them this is the email I get back.

Quote:
Hi Michael,

After talking to the manager, here is our proposal: we can reship you everything at cost of $73 in total (this includes our share of the loss and cost of the items without any profit from the original order). I just sent you an invoice, which you can pay directly online with credit card or paypal account. Please let me know if this works for you.

Also, we were wondering if you have a different shipping address or require signature for the second shipment.

If the first package showed up later, please notify us so we can arrange to get it back and refund you.

Thanks,
Suyi Liu
Auber Instruments
www.auberins.com
So.....wait, let me get this straight. You have been reimbursed by FedEx for the price of the goods and STILL want me to pay $70 to reship it?

I called them yesterday and they told me the same thing, that they will reship it for $70. I told them there is no way that I will pay again after I have paid the first time and FedEx is paying them as well. I am still waiting on a response from them but overall I will never deal with them as a company ever again.

Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
kpr121
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Wow, that is surprising. They have always been pleasant to deal with for me. I'd say that maybe there was miscommunication with who was getting paid by FedEx but if you talked to them on the phone that should have came across loud and clear.

Bottled:
Bulk Aging:
Up Next: ???? Suggestions?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
Handsaw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 10

UPS is no better at handling lost packages. The sender has to file the claim. I believe it will work our, it will just take time because FedEx will have to investigate again before they will pay Auber.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Liked 156 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've had a package stolen out of a shared hallway and it indeed sucks. Whoever took that package is so bummed, they likely have no idea what to do with their stolen loot. Check your dumpster.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
thargrav
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtstampede View Post
Some of you may have seen this come up in my other thread. I want to leave that reserved for my E-HERMS build so I will continue the ongoing Auber/FedEx issues here.

To start out I ordered the bulk of my control panel parts from Auber. They had it sent FedEx and it arrived in a timely manner. The only issue is that the FedEx driver left the package in a shared stairwell and someone who lives in the building is a thieving bastard. Filed a complaint with FedEx, they investigated and marked it off as lost/stolen. Now here is where my problems with FedEx end. They did their part and will reimburse for the cost of the goods and shipping, but only to the original sender. Auber has to be the one to file the claim. After talking to them this is the email I get back.

So.....wait, let me get this straight. You have been reimbursed by FedEx for the price of the goods and STILL want me to pay $70 to reship it?

I called them yesterday and they told me the same thing, that they will reship it for $70. I told them there is no way that I will pay again after I have paid the first time and FedEx is paying them as well. I am still waiting on a response from them but overall I will never deal with them as a company ever again.
I used to ship with FedEx but I don't now for this very reason.
When a shipper file a claim with FedEx they are only interested in paying the wholesale cost of what was shipped. And if the shipper demand retail they will just refuse fo pay, explaining that they are only required to reimburse his cost. What this means from the shipper's point of view is if he sold you a $100 item and his cost was $40, so he only gets $40 from FedEx.
But where Auber is wrong is they want a profit at the end. You need to demand a full refund from Auber, then re-place the order with them requesting signature delivery when the order is placed.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
newtstampede
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The attitude from Auber at this point seems "we have your money already so piss off". I spoke with USAA and let them know about the situation. They will be calling Auber on my behalf tomorrow and we will give Auber until close of business tomorrow to correct this situation or else they will reverse the original charges. After all this I do not want to have any dealings with Auber in the future and will do my best to warn others about them as well. I might be looking at a BCS system instead in the near future.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
tony4308
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Thank You for the Heads-Up. I will be watching to see if you get reimbursed or not.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
theknub
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 61

i just ordered from them yesterday, will keep an eye on things...

Old 02-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #9
sTiNkFiZzle
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Man, that surprises me about them. Good companies replace the items right away no questions ask and deal with the shipper on their end. That is just bad business. I will never do business with them now, which is shame because they are local to me. That email is just bad customer support. They should follow these forums more

Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #10
latium
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thargrav View Post
When a shipper file a claim with FedEx they are only interested in paying the wholesale cost of what was shipped. And if the shipper demand retail they will just refuse fo pay, explaining that they are only required to reimburse his cost. What this means from the shipper's point of view is if he sold you a $100 item and his cost was $40, so he only gets $40 from FedEx.
But where Auber is wrong is they want a profit at the end. You need to demand a full refund from Auber, then re-place the order with them requesting signature delivery when the order is placed.
They already have their profit, don't they? In your example, the customer paid $100, and if you subtract the cost of the goods, that leaves Auber grossing $60 (before their other expenses come out of that). Now FedEx reimburses them the $40 for the equipment, so now they have $100 again, just like after the customer paid them but before they shipped anything, which means they're still making the same amount of money (less the cost of labor and materials for packing).

I'd be steamed, too. They're not just trying to make a profit; they're double-dipping.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply