Auto Tuning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukez

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have the auber syl 2352 PID and I'm trying to autotune on my electric setup. The "out" light flashes and cuts power every 2 seconds or so but the temperature just keeps rising during the process. I set temp at 154 and started tuning at 144. It's been going up since and it's now at 180.
Is this normal?

Nope, not normal. First, you should start your auto tune after your process stabilizes (154º). But something seems wrong if it keeps going up like that.

Got it to work somehow. I think starting the auto tune and then going back to the auto/manual setting and setting it to 1 did the trick but I'm not 100% sure.
Anyway, first brew day is done! I think I totally missed the boat on this one since I only ended up with 4 gallons instead of 5 but hopefully it's drinkable.

as for the pid, did you have it in manual mode when trying to autotune?

as for the beer, what were your gravity readings? were they in line with expectations?

Back