Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Electric Brewing (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/)
-   -   Auber SYL-2352 PV reading way off (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/auber-syl-2352-pv-reading-way-off-328033/)

NoCornOrRice 05-11-2012 11:44 PM

Auber SYL-2352 PV reading way off
 
I built a 1 pid e-brewery and plugged it in about 45 minutes ago. The PV value read about 1245 (with the thermocouple in water that was about 65 degrees F) over the last while the PV value has gone up, gradually, one degree at a time, to 1255.

I tried to run auto-tune, but this did not seem to help. The PID delivers power just fine in manual mode, but doesn't in automatic. I set the SV to 120F.

Please help me out!

Edit: the PV value is nw reading 1258 and there is a boil in the pot.
Also, I have a three-wire TC from Auber

P-J 05-12-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoCornOrRice (Post 4079205)
I built a 1 pid e-brewery and plugged it in about 45 minutes ago. The PV value read about 1245 (with the thermocouple in water that was about 65 degrees F) over the last while the PV value has gone up, gradually, one degree at a time, to 1255.

I tried to run auto-tune, but this did not seem to help. The PID delivers power just fine in manual mode, but doesn't in automatic. I set the SV to 120F.

Please help me out!

IMHO - You do not have your PID set up properly for the temprature probe that you are using. Almost sounds like you are using a RTD temp probe and the PID is configured for a type K. The setup procedure is in the manual for the PID.

If you need help, Call Suyi Liu (owner of Auber Instruments). He will help you.

Edit:
Quote:

Also, I have a three-wire TC from Auber
Yup.. It's a RTD probe.

NoCornOrRice 05-12-2012 12:15 AM

Once again, P-J, comes to the rescue!
All fixed now!

P-J 05-12-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoCornOrRice (Post 4079270)
Once again, P-J, comes to the rescue!
All fixed now!

Excellent! I'm really happy that I saw your post when I did.

Thank you so much for the update.

P-J

brewhokie 05-14-2012 03:22 PM

I also had a screwy auto tune that seriously messed up the PID settings. Once I reset the P,I and D settings it was reading properly. It sucked having to move the I setting from 9999 (and yes the setting will not loop back to 0, I set up a movie and held the down button for over an hour)

jbsengineer 06-07-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewhokie (Post 4084619)
I also had a screwy auto tune that seriously messed up the PID settings. Once I reset the P,I and D settings it was reading properly. It sucked having to move the I setting from 9999 (and yes the setting will not loop back to 0, I set up a movie and held the down button for over an hour)

If you hit the a/m button it moves the decimal point so you can move from 9999 to 500 in seconds vs. an hour, :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.