Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Auber 2532 alarm wiring with indicator light

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
summerofgeorge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Auber 2532 alarm wiring with indicator light

I'd like to have a light on my panel that lights up when any of the alarm switches are closed. Then when the alarm condition is met, the alarm will sound. I hacked up one of Kal's diagrams but I'm not sure if it will work. I don't know exactly what pin 13 on the PID does. My interpretation is that it's the power source for the external alarm but is NO. When the alarm condition is met, it's closed and power goes to the buzzer.

While I'm asking, do you think this is unnecessary feature? My thinking is that the buzzer has a built in light so I don't really need both the light/buzzer combo and a separate light. With the alarm active light, I can easily see that the buzzer is set to go off.

Here's my attempt at wiring this:

alarmbuzzerwiring.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The way you have that drawn means if ANY switch is on ALL alarms are active. You've essentially turned 4 switches in to one. Each switch should be isolated from the others on the PID/Timer side.

The first thing that comes to my head is leaving Kal's schematic in tact and using a DPST illuminated pushbutton switch (like the ones from Auber). Now you could switch the alarm power source and illuminate the light. (This would replace the alarm LED). The buzzer wiring would remain the same.

Someone may come up with a better design solution though.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
summerofgeorge
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks man...now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious that my wiring was wrong. I thought using DPST switches might be the easiest but I was trying to work with what I already have. I guess I could get some NO blocks to add to my switches. Or just get rid of the light since it's not really serving a purpose.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
l3asturd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I got rid of the light myself, for the same reason. Since the buzzer has a light in it, I just didn't need it. I even got a little crazier and added a buzzer for each alarm. Unnecessary? Yes. Useful to me? Yes. I had plenty of room and the buzzers were so cheap I bought enough to have one per PID/Timer

Old 08-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
dburgette
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

I'm glad I found this thread. It is close to what I did on my panel up top. I need to figure out exactly how to wire my alarms.

With the picture in the first post I have two PIDs / two Alarm switches / one AlarmBuzzer light. How would I wire that correctly?

I will try to post a picture of the front panel.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
dburgette
Recipes 

image-3780625731.jpg

Old 08-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 17

This is how I wired my alarms and they work for how I want to use them (looks like you were looking for something a bit different though):

Basically all I do is hold set and set AL1 to the value I want. Then I flip the switch to the on position on my panel, then when they fire I turn the alarm to off. This was how Auberins suggested that I wire them.

.jpg  

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 08-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #8
dburgette
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah
This is how I wired my alarms and they work for how I want to use them (looks like you were looking for something a bit different though):

Basically all I do is hold set and set AL1 to the value I want. Then I flip the switch to the on position on my panel, then when they fire I turn the alarm to off. This was how Auberins suggested that I wire them.
That's how I have them wired. I'm wondering one of two things, either I don't have them chained properly or I don't completely know how to set the alarm on the pid. Does anyone know how I should properly connect both PIDs and switches to run one buzzer?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #9
summerofgeorge
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburgette View Post
That's how I have them wired. I'm wondering one of two things, either I don't have them chained properly or I don't completely know how to set the alarm on the pid. Does anyone know how I should properly connect both PIDs and switches to run one buzzer?
It sounds like you're trying to set things up like Kal did (minus the timer). The diagram below is from Kal's site (http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/co...part-2?page=12). If this is what you're trying to do, just get rid of the timer, reset button and separate alarm light.
alarmwiring.jpg  

Old 08-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 17

yeah that looks right if you want all PIDs to fire one alarm.

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Quick Reply