The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Alternative PIDs, anyone use?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
njbabs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone. Really helps clarify why people run with Auber.

... now I just need to settle on my system config (and stop vacillating between PIDs/BrewTroller/BCS-460)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
betadave
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I got the C100 off eBay and found the SSR problem but looked at the thread by Walker concerning converting it to SSR. I soldered two wires to the input of the relay and got the SSR output. I did have a dispute with the seller and ended getting the controller for $8. The downloaded manuals in English are pretty good and I think this will be a decent controller. It does not versatile like a more expensive controller and you need to like hacking to use this on SSR but you will never beat the price

Old 07-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #13
rod734
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My C100 came with a decent instruction manual and has an ssr output. I havn't tried to wire it up yet but the instructions show which terminals to use. I will be controlling my boil with a pwm, and controlling my mash temps with the pid in a single vessel biab system with continual recirculation during the mash.
I think a lot of the people on ebay selling this stuff knows verry little about it, and the reason why they all have the same description is because they are hooked up with the same company that sells it. Probably all they have is a computer and the products are shipped from a warehouse somewhere. I asked one seller about combined shipping and he said no because they were shipped from the warehouse.
I hope I can make this thing work, it will be a cheap controll panel.

edit after further study of the instructions I dont have an ssr relay and my wireing diagram dosn't match the one on the rex website.

Quick Reply