Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > 240V "Power Strip" - does this exist?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
blagosaurous
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 240V "Power Strip" - does this exist?

Rather than drag my dryer around every time I would need to plug into a 240V outlet, is there any sort of power strip or connector that would give me an extra plug so I could have them both plugged in?

Clearly I would not run both devices at the same time, this would just be for my ease - my washer/dryer are both shoehorned in a tiny little room.. I about have to take off the door to even get it out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3686 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 3188

Quote:
Originally Posted by blagosaurous View Post
Rather than drag my dryer around every time I would need to plug into a 240V outlet, is there any sort of power strip or connector that would give me an extra plug so I could have them both plugged in?

Clearly I would not run both devices at the same time, this would just be for my ease - my washer/dryer are both shoehorned in a tiny little room.. I about have to take off the door to even get it out.
Yes, I have bought them from granger I think. It had a IEC320 plug on the end. I don't think it was rated for the current you'll probably need for your brewery though. You're better off building one yourself from Home Depot outlets and a $4 toolbox.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 42

You could make an extension using the proper heavy gauge cord wire and the right plugs at both ends... I did that as an extension cord for my welders.

My MIG/Arc/Plasma all have different plugs, so I put all 3 types at the end of the wire (Sort of "Y'ed" together).

M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1056 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Just throw another deep 4" square box under the dryer outlet box and wire another receptacle in. The wires all run parallel.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Quick Reply