The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > 1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter and Stout Tanks & Kettles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Adeering
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 4

well you wouldnt need to drill the kettles. Just get the element port, but either way you still have the problem with the fold back and space. From the pictures on bolts thread it looks to be just barely not touching the wall, but hopefully he post a better picture. Im waiting on john form stout to get back to me on pricing for custom tanks for my arduino/Android controlled Brutus 20 Im making

Kegged: Hop n Pop #54
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Dionysus' Ambrosia, an Amber Ale, Dragons Breath, and many more

Check out my Android Brew Day Assistant BrewAide

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Will_M
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering View Post
well you wouldnt need to drill the kettles. Just get the element port, but either way you still have the problem with the fold back and space. From the pictures on bolts thread it looks to be just barely not touching the wall, but hopefully he post a better picture. Im waiting on john form stout to get back to me on pricing for custom tanks for my arduino/Android controlled Brutus 20 Im making
Oh, I'm getting the ports. One in the BK and the other in the HLT. They are already being made. I didn't see the product from Brewers Hardware until after the order was made so I am just trying to figure it out as well as attempt to pre-order as much materials and parts as need so when they get here I can go to town so to speak. ;-)

I may be very interested in the Android program as to do with my system maybe if it would work. I do not have any knowledge of it. Does it work from your Android phone?

Old 09-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Adeering
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Im custom making a program to work with my tablet to control my elements and pumps through an arduino micro processor (think the Brewtroller that is interfaced to an android). Its a pretty complex/custom build and not something that would be easily copied and plugged into another system unless you had everything set up the same. If you arent familiar with that kind of stuff and want to automate I would recommend something like Kal's setup or a BCS-460 or brewtroller, where they are made more for plug and use.

However, if you are interested in an app to have brewsteps and recipes on you can look into my app I made and published on the market, BrewAide, Its free (unless you want no ads or want to support me, using the donations to help pay for my brew rig) but loads both beersmith and BeerXML files and gives you all the details of the recipe. Great tool to use on brew day and have your phone/tablet next to you with all your additions and includes timers for both the mash and boil. Check it out if you interested

I understand the pre-ordering, Im deploying for 4 months and working on everything so when I get back I can put together and brew on the new rig as soon as I get back. Gonna be torture to wait 4 months but will be great to come home and have a whole bunch of new shiny toys to put together and play with.

Kegged: Hop n Pop #54
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Dionysus' Ambrosia, an Amber Ale, Dragons Breath, and many more

Check out my Android Brew Day Assistant BrewAide
Will_M Likes This 
Old 09-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #14
Will_M
Recipes 

I'll check it out, Thanks.......

Old 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
Will_M
Recipes 

Well haven't as yet heard anything from either ST&K or Bolts. I am sure both are busy and I am more than likely way low on the totem poles as far as their priorities are of concern. But as soon as I can get an answer and hopefully some pic's I will most assuredly be posting them. In any case I will be starting a thread on my own build at some point but wanted to wait until I got further along so as not to have so much time in between post. For me it is going to be a long process that will take several months.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
BrewHaas
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This worked well for me on a 2" TC. I do intend to replace the soft stock seal soon to avoid extrusion but after two brew sessions it's been flawless. I took 19 gallons of water from 89 to 155 degrees F in 20 minutes Friday. That was cool!
BTW, all I did was thread a regular 2" TC cap. Plenty of threads for this application.

image-1123274685.jpg  

Old 09-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #17
bolts
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hi Will_M,

The foldback element clears the side and has about 5" before it hits the other side of the pot. It shouldn't be an issue whether you use the Brewers's Hardware element adapter of the included threaded adapter.

The included adapter (I'm not using).

Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #18
Will_M
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts View Post
Hi Will_M,

The foldback element clears the side and has about 5" before it hits the other side of the pot. It shouldn't be an issue whether you use the Brewers's Hardware element adapter of the included threaded adapter
Hey Bolts,

Thanks so very much for your reply. I have now made my orders and are anxiously awaiting their arrival.

I spoke with both, the owners of Brewers Hardware as well as Stout Tanks & Kettles, and both are very nice and seem to be very genuine individuals who both care about Homebrewers and the Hobby as a whole. I look to my continued business with both as I move forward with this hobby and my system build.

Bolts, again thanks guy.

Will

Quick Reply