Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Electric Brewing (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/)
-   -   1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter and Stout Tanks & Kettles (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/1-5-tri-clover-x-1-nps-element-adapter-stout-tanks-kettles-351500/)

Will_M 09-01-2012 04:47 PM

1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter and Stout Tanks & Kettles
 
Does anyone here have a Stout Tanks & Kettles system which came with the standard adapter attached for a electric element and also uses the 1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter from Brewers Hardware?

https://www.brewershardware.com/TC15F10NPSCOV.html


Will_M 09-01-2012 11:24 PM

My issue is that I am afraid that the 5500w LWD Camco fold back Element may eother come back and hit the inside of the kettle wall or at least try to reenter the fitting. Anyone have this issue using these products?

Squeeky 09-02-2012 03:23 AM

I don't have one, but keep in mind you can bend the element if need be. So once installed you can widen to ensure it doesn't hit the wall.

Will_M 09-02-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeeky (Post 4380443)
I don't have one, but keep in mind you can bend the element if need be. So once installed you can widen to ensure it doesn't hit the wall.

Have never bent one before. Am wondering if I do would I ever be able to remove it and re-install it? If not I wonder then why I am getting tri-clamp fittings?

jpalarchio 09-03-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will_M (Post 4379286)
Does anyone here have a Stout Tanks & Kettles system which came with the standard adapter attached for a electric element and also uses the 1.5" Tri Clover X 1" NPS Element Adapter from Brewers Hardware?

https://www.brewershardware.com/TC15F10NPSCOV.html


I have that element adapter (not on a Stout tank) and you probably won't be able to get a ripple element through the adapter itself, nevermind the kettle. I tried, I tried bending within reason and went to a straight element instead. Look around and you'll see most people ran into this. I think Brewers Hardware has a 2" adapter now that probable works fine.

Will_M 09-03-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpalarchio (Post 4382250)
I have that element adapter (not on a Stout tank) and you probably won't be able to get a ripple element through the adapter itself, nevermind the kettle. I tried, I tried bending within reason and went to a straight element instead. Look around and you'll see most people ran into this. I think Brewers Hardware has a 2" adapter now that probable works fine.

Thanks for your reply. I know that I won't get the ripple to work and am going with a 5500w fold back LWD element. My issue is trying to find out if the product from Brewers Hardware will work on what Stout Tanks & Kettles will be sending me. I have asked both company's for feedback and have sent a last ditch effort question to ST&K today. I may have to wait until I get the kettles here which is slated to be sometime in November at this point. But any help is much appreciated.

lotbfan 09-03-2012 04:48 AM

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/bolts-electric-brewery-build-335868/index6.html

Will_M 09-03-2012 11:25 AM

Many, many thanks. I shall post my question to Bolts. Again thanks.........

Adeering 09-03-2012 12:23 PM

Let me know your answer, I am planning to get some stout tanks here in the next month and gonna be installing elements, was either going to get the brewershardware adapter or get their element adapter from stout tanks and make something like THIS

Will_M 09-03-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeering (Post 4382703)
Let me know your answer, I am planning to get some stout tanks here in the next month and gonna be installing elements, was either going to get the brewershardware adapter or get their element adapter from stout tanks and make something like THIS

I sure will. I'm waiting on replies from John at Stout Tanks & Kettles as well as from my question I posed to Bolts in his thread.

I like the looks of the other option but the thoughts of drilling those beautiful shiny kettles turns my stomach. :cross:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.