Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Kombucha & Fermented Tea Forum > New Continuous Brewer no Plastic or Metal

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #11
hombrewthatstuff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

ScobiWan:

Glad to hear you found what your looking for.
They have 3 different sized ones, but yours will most likely be the small.
Also there is a $20 minimum purchase amount for shopping online but if you give them a call you can puchase just the spigot over the phone.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #12
MedicMang
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 21

So have you used the cork for a month now? How's it workin out? I'm just getting into brewing kombucha and I'm pisses because I was going to brew tonight, but now you all have gotten me freaked out because the glass container I bought has a metal spigot. If the cork worked well, I'm considering ordering it.

What does everyone else use? I've seen certain types of plastic and such. I'm just excited to start and don't want to mess it all up on the first try. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
hombrewthatstuff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The general conscientious is that a food grade plastic spigot is perfectly safe to use. I just decided to err on the side of caution (and maybe im being overly cautious) to avoid plastic. Metal, on the other hand most think that it is not a safe material to use even as the spigot. MAYBE a all stainless steel spigot would be safe to use, but I would take it out and inspect it periodically to make sure the acidic brew doesn't cause the metal to rust or pit. Im sure you could find a plastic spigot easy enough. I just wouldn't risk something that might overtime be bad for you when you are doing this as a way to improve your health in the first place.

Quick Reply