The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Kombucha & Fermented Tea Forum > Looking for a Scoby on the east coast

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #1
Behemoth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Looking for a Scoby on the east coast

Hello, Ive tried my hand at growing a scoby and no dice. I used GT original for over a month and I have a light film of mold so I chucked it.
Does anyone have one to spare? I'll pay shipping, heck I'll even compensate for the little bugger!
Ive tried other forums but cant seem to find anyone close by.

"Don’t be afraid to let your freak-flag fly and put the “mental” in “experimental”.
-Sam Calagione

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
LiquidArtisan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I got one off of eBay for 99cents plus $2 shipping it works well. I'm not sure how I'd package it up, & I doubt I could send you one cheaper.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #3
cosmatics
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I can mail you one if you want, I am in Union County. I will just put it in a jar with some liquid and ship, its easy. The thing should easily live the week it takes to ship, etc. Let me know if interested. I got my orig scoby from a gal in Hoboken off of craigslist, and it has worked well so far.

John

Quick Reply