The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Kombucha & Fermented Tea Forum > Kombucha scoby in New Zealand?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #1
sheblom
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Kombucha scoby in New Zealand?

Hi

I have been looking to have a go at kombucha, but I am unable to find out where i can get the starter scoby. I live in New Zealand in the Auckland region. I would order from overseas but they might not let it in as it is organic in nature.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get a scoby?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
GilSwillBasementBrews
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 19

http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/stor...a-starter-kit/

Came across this site in google. Said if your in NZ and want to make your own kombucha click here.

Beer Plus Science = .....Good!!!!! By: Adam Savage

Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
boochmumma
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Hi Sheblom, I'm in south Auckland (Waiuku) you welcome to come out this way and watch me bottle off my brew, you can also take away a scoby and a cup of starter. I love to natter with like minded people, my family think I'm a wee bit weird, although they drink all I can make! pm me if your keen.

Quick Reply