The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Kombucha & Fermented Tea Forum > Have Some Basic Questions About Brewing Kombucha

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
MussBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Have Some Basic Questions About Brewing Kombucha

I just recently got a new scoby and started a batch of kombucha. It's been a week and the tea smells and tastes delicious, however, it's not fizzy at all. I've read the cure for this is second fermenting in a bottle but I'm worried that the yeast cultures with the scoby are dormant or no longer viable. Please let me know your thoughts.

MussBrew Co.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
dugsphone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Go ahead and bottle it - they should be fine. The 2nd ferment is where you get to play around with flavors . (be careful of bottle bombs though!!)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply