Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Wine Cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 AM   #11
Stevo2569
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayflyer55
I would just try some Bacardi daiquiri concentrate and brew it up like you would a hard lemonade. Mix concentrate with water, maybe add a little sugar, dissolve in boiling water. Let it ferment to about 5% abv or whatever you want, then bottle. Let it carb for a day or two, then bottle pasteurize to kill the yeast. (there's a sticky for this in the cider forum). Do this for lemonade all the time, turns out great and actually tasting like lemonade.
I made 1 3/4 gallons like this a few weeks ago. Based on BODWB's 3 day wine cooler thread.
2- bacardi strawberry daquiri concentrate
7- cps brown sugar
1-wine yeast dry pck

Ferment 4 days from 1.090 to 1.060.
Stick in freezer till slushy then drink.
My wife loves it and I'm planning on doing a few more batches with frozen fruit.

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."
-David Rains Wallace

My Brewing Apparatus

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 04:29 AM   #12
hvacjoe68
Recipes 

I am wanting to figure out a recipe to copy a Matilda Bay original fruit malt cooler, however, I do not want to use vodka for my base. I want to stay as close to original as possible.
I know that it was a malt beverage made by Miller Brewing Back in the 1980's. I am able to get one good bottle full with the cooler in prestine condition. I just don't know how to go about cloning it, or where to get the ingredients to produce the malt base or aquire the right flavorings.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #13
KevinM
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You're probably going to want to ask this in the main brewing threads. This thread happens to be in the gluten free section of the forum, and our ingredients are more along the lines of fruit, sorghum, rice, millet and quinoa.

If you're looking to do a malt beverage, you'll definately want to ask in the other threads since we're allergic barley and wheat, which is normally used to create a malt beverage.

Primary: Sake
Secondary: GF Czech Lager
Waiting to be kegged, Italian Primitivo
Kegged&Ready: GF Orange&Coriander, GF Honey Lager, GF chocolate ale, GF English ale, Island mist (zinfandel), Island mist (cbry malbec).
Bottled: Infected Mead, Dry Hard ciders, Accidental Sorghumwine, various unnamed.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS