Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Sorghum - Is it a must use in Gluten Free?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
tre6mafya
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was going to use brown rice syrup and d-180 dark candi instead of the sorghum, however I was told a great method to use sorghum to reduce the strange taste. I think since it is my first gluten free batch I will just go with the traditional sorghum. The brew store said they carried some stuff stat neutralizes the gluten in any brew it had a name close to chloroform but I know that's not it. Supposedly you could add that to your batch that contains gluten and it makes it gluten Intolerant safe. I'm skeptical though since my sis in law is a full blown celiac.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
BrewCanuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They were talking about Clarity Ferm. There is a great deal of information about it in This Sticky

Pipeline is dry until that stupid ship arrives

All Gluten Free

Blog: Thirsty Engineer

Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
tre6mafya
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the link and info this really helps alot. I appreciate all the help to make this batch of brew!!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #14
philbert
Recipes 

If you add half the sorghum at flame out, you will not find the funny taste some find. I use sorghum as only half my fermentable also.

Clarity Ferm will REDUCE but not eliminate the proteins which are bad for celiac sufferers. I'd never chance it.

Quick Reply