Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Recipe: Saison of love (GF)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
Osedax
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

Yup, I feel the same way. You can actually lose a lot of weight with it. Cuts carbs way down. Gluten is also an inflammatory.

Most people with headaches, joint pain, and digestive issues can benefit greatly from a gluten free diet. However, everyone on here knows how hard it is to do.

My House IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #22
Safa
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Get off your high horses children. More people wanting gluten free stuff means more availability and better restaurant options for coeliacs.

I get really sick and tired of sufferers bitching and moaning about the fad. Honestly it makes you sound like you are upset because you are no longer 'special'.

OP, really glad your beer turned out well, I'll be giving your recipe a try in the near future.

A little irreverence is good for the soul

Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #23
Ash_Mathew
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well, thanks for the productive and not at all patronising comment, there. Much appreciated.

We were more referring to the fact that we get classed the same as the people with the fad. So much so that people don't actually realise it is a real condition, and believe you can still eat gluten as you are "just doing it to lose weight".

Old 06-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #24
Osedax
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

My high horse only eats certified gluten free oats. She is worth it.

My House IPA

Old 06-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #25
wooda2008
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safa View Post
Get off your high horses children. More people wanting gluten free stuff means more availability and better restaurant options for coeliacs.

I get really sick and tired of sufferers bitching and moaning about the fad. Honestly it makes you sound like you are upset because you are no longer 'special'.

OP, really glad your beer turned out well, I'll be giving your recipe a try in the near future.
On the contrary, I'm pissed off that I'm not normal. As for more gluten free "options", I have to wade through even more crap with the nutritional content of styrofoam to get something worth eating. I am served contaminated food at restaurants because waitstaff assumes I'm just "on a diet" when I say I'm allergic to wheat.

The fad dieting has marginalized the disease.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
Ash_Mathew
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooda2008

On the contrary, I'm pissed off that I'm not normal. As for more gluten free "options", I have to wade through even more crap with the nutritional content of styrofoam to get something worth eating. I am served contaminated food at restaurants because waitstaff assumes I'm just "on a diet" when I say I'm allergic to wheat.

The fad dieting has marginalized the disease.
Seconded.

Quick Reply