Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > OK, it's in the fermenter...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
SteveM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Default OK, it's in the fermenter...

My first attempt at GF brewing. I have a nephew and niece who have Celiac, and my nephew turns 21 in December. Seems wrong for him not to have a beer to celebrate to me.

I have no idea how it will come out but it smelled great in the cook pot. I like IPAs, so I used my normal four ounces (two home grown Cascade for bittering and flavor, two Amarillo for flavor and aroma). I have an idea that hoppy beers might be well suited for GF brewing, based on what I've read. Of course, I have an idea that ANY brewing is best with hoppy beers.

It looked a bit cloudier than a barley based beer (I used Midwest White Sorghum). I added Irish moss at 45 minutes, and I think I will let it sit in the fermenter for four weeks before bottling to let it clear as much as possible.

I gotta say, the smell is awesome. I will report back later on how it comes out.

Black Diamond Brewery

Think global, drink local.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply