The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > lcasanova tasting responses

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
DirtbagHB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default lcasanova tasting responses

have you got around to the strawberry blonde or the chestnut yet?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
spaced
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtbagHB View Post
have you got around to the strawberry blonde or the chestnut yet?
Do you have a recipe for the strawberry blonde?

Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
DirtbagHB
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yup I'll post it later. I sent 3 bombers to lcasanova for tasting. Gotta response for the quinoa pale ale. Now I'm harassing him about the other two.

Yes I am aware it's tax season. I used to be a file organizer for an accountant I know how this time of year is. Good luck just another month and a half to go

Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 230 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Have you tried PMing him?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
dorklord
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtbagHB View Post
Yup I'll post it later. I sent 3 bombers to lcasanova for tasting. Gotta response for the quinoa pale ale. Now I'm harassing him about the other two.

Yes I am aware it's tax season. I used to be a file organizer for an accountant I know how this time of year is. Good luck just another month and a half to go
My thought would be that during tax season, 3 bombers would be gone so fast that no one would remember what they tasted like.

I wonder what that says about the accountants I know...

That's bread yeast. Look at it sitting there, all depressed. Listless. Beer yeast doesn't look like that. It has hopes. Dreams. Something to look forward to...

Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
DirtbagHB
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

@ shooter. i could pm him. i just figured this would be a lot more entertaining.

@ darklord. well, the accountants i know.... nevermind your right, tax season is a pickling process. oh man, ive seen one sit in front of the TV at home from the office with a stack of files. a pen in his left hand a calculator in his right hand both functioning at the same time with different processes, half a case of beer one side of the chair. half a case of empties at the other side. holy high functioning addict!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
andrewdell19
Recipes 

Hey Dirtbag. Once I get beers done I am sending them to him as well. If you wanted we could exchange some as well. Just PM if you are interested.

And I am an accountant too heh... Beer up to a certain point will help me deal with numbers but then there is a point when I cant read the numbers on the page- hopefully I am no longer doing work by then.

I would also be interested in seeing your blonde recipe! I need to start putting my recipes in my profile.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #8
Lcasanova
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sorry for the delay, work has been absolutely demanding.

I did drink all 3 beers and they were all great. I'll do my best to recall the experience.

Strawberry blonde- beautiful color, slightly strawberry aroma- had I not known it was a strawberry blonde I wouldn't have been able to place it. The head stuck around for a little but it dissapated after a few drinks. The beer was great, I remember the strawberry finish the most and found it very pleasant.

Chocolate Chestnut stout- my first chestnut based beer and it certainly smelled like a regular beer, I had a few hints of chocolate in the aroma but more so in the taste. I don't remember too much more about this one...

Old 03-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #9
KevinM
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Chin up, one more week of 1120's and then the 1040s. I think people are going to have to send you more beer after the 15th for a better taste test. I'd actually like to send the attempt at your chocolate beer to see if I got that decent. (If I haven't screwed it up enough by now, I'll find out in a week.)

Quick Reply