Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Just got my first batch in the bucket

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Soybomb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Just got my first batch in the bucket

I just got my first batch of g/f home brew in the bucket tonight. I decided to go for my two hearted ale clone first. Its amazing how much sorghum syrup tastes like the liquid from a barley mash. If you told me it was barley extract instead I would believe you. I sure missed the smell of hops too. Not that I haven't come to appreciate the cocktail but wow...I missed the smells of beer.

All in all it went well. There was virtually no hot break. I wish I still had chilling gear instead of just the sink. I went with a very relax, don't worry approach. I cooled it off to about 78 in the sink, topped off with a few gallons of charcoal filtered tap water to get a 68 degree temp and pitched s-05 on my 1.071 wort. There was enough hop sediment left to be gritty but it was nice to taste them again in something more than the crappy gluten free beers that are available commercially. I can't wait to see what this tastes like in 7-10 days when I move it to secondary on another ounce of centennial.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
TipsyDragon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

wait 14 days. should taste awsome. once you bottle wait another 2ish weeks. then cool in the fridge for wa week the drink yourself silly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply