The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Indigenous Amber Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
igliashon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Bottled this last week. I used yellow corn grits (sadly) after I failed to be able to grind the Indian popcorn kernels in my corona mill. I also accidentally bumped the maple syrup and molasses up in quantity since I was lazy and used liquid ounces instead of weight (dumb dumb dumb), but the resulting beer tasted PHENOMENAL at bottling time. Provided it doesn't get infected (the bottling was a wee bit chaotic), it's going to be easily one of the best beers I've ever made.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
wickman6
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 94

I'm very interested in brewing this, I have a friend who would like a gluten free beer and I'd like to brew him one.

How did it turn out? Do you think backing off on the hops would be ok with this recipe? Maybe around 20 ibu?

He likes fat tire and negro modelo, might this be somewhat similar? Sorry for all the questions, I have no idea about gf beer. Trying to learn.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: just realized you bottled a very short time ago, so I don't expect you can tell me much about how it turned out.

My wife is like a well crafted beer...bitter, yet sweet enough to balance perfectly!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #13
igliashon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 40

The hopping is not too much, it's actually pretty light for my tastes. But I wouldn't recommend brewing this unless you can get yourself some promalt. If you try to do it with just amylase you won't get very good efficiency, the wild rice is tough to break down with out glucanase and protease.

Quick Reply