I'm starting this thread because I'd like to see everyone on here who brews with malted GF grains weigh in on how they approach it. Rarely do we all-grain gluten-free brewers compare detailed notes, and I think it's something many would benefit from. Maybe it'll even make a sticky if we get enough replies?
Specifically, can y'all answer the following questions:
1. Are your grains home-malted or commercially-malted?
2. What grains do you use, and how finely do you crush them?
3. What does your mash schedule look like? (i.e. specific temperatures and times held at those temperatures, decoctions/decantations/etc.)
4. What adjustments do you make to your water?
5. What equipment/setup do you use? (i.e. standard 3-tier, BIAB, etc.)
6. Do you add any enzymes?
7. Most importantly: what kind of efficiency do you get, and what kind of apparent attenuation do you get?
8. How satisfied are you with the process and the beer that results from it?
9. Feel free to add any thoughts on what you've tried that didn't work so well before you got to this stage.