Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Head First, Full Bore, Building Brew Tree Today

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
jetgorilla
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default Head First, Full Bore, Building Brew Tree Today

My GF can't have glutens and she loves beer so we decided to try and brew a gluten free beer. We did that the other day and decided it was a lot of fun so today, I am embarking on mission to build a brew stand for future brews using kegs and gravity. Now if I can figure out how to put pictures on here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Please figure it out! I wanna see how it turns out!

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 02-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
KevinM
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here's a few questions if you're thinking of a brew tree... Are you malting or using malted gluten free grains? A brew tree is used for a combination of: Heating water (lauter tun), mashing grain (mash tun) and boiling the wort.

If you are only using brown rice syrup or sorghum syrup, you pretty much only need a boil. If you are malting your own grain (mostly millet) and are doing a full grain beer, then great!

Primary: Sake
Secondary: GF Czech Lager
Waiting to be kegged, Italian Primitivo
Kegged&Ready: GF Orange&Coriander, GF Honey Lager, GF chocolate ale, GF English ale, Island mist (zinfandel), Island mist (cbry malbec).
Bottled: Infected Mead, Dry Hard ciders, Accidental Sorghumwine, various unnamed.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
KevinM
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Strike that last post. I see now. Back on one of your first posts, you were doing the first beer as gluten free for SWMBO (to help avoid the path of having her not consider you insane), and it looks like you plan on doing normal grain beers.

Since you're getting a whole grain setup, try malting some gluten free grains for her next beer too! Just watch that whole cross contamination thing between the GF gf's beer and your beer.

Primary: Sake
Secondary: GF Czech Lager
Waiting to be kegged, Italian Primitivo
Kegged&Ready: GF Orange&Coriander, GF Honey Lager, GF chocolate ale, GF English ale, Island mist (zinfandel), Island mist (cbry malbec).
Bottled: Infected Mead, Dry Hard ciders, Accidental Sorghumwine, various unnamed.

Quick Reply