The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Gluten Free Recipe from Deschutes Brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
farmbrewernw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Gluten Free Recipe from Deschutes Brewery

So some time ago I went to the Deschutes Brewery and had the opportunity to try their gluten free beer. I was really impressed as I thought it would be tasteless and thin. As I remember this beer actually had a lot of flavor and a decent body. I have seen that there are a few people on this board that are allergic to gluten so a few weeks ago I took it upon myself to email the brewers at Deschutes to see if they would help me with a recipe here is what they sent me.

Deschutes Brewery
Gluten Free Ale Clone
Specifics:

Recipe type: Extract
Batch size: 5 U.S. gallons
Original gravity: 1.048
Final gravity: 1.011
Boil time: 90 minutes
Fermentation temp: 65° F
Yeast type: English or German Ale
(Gluten Free yeast)

Extract:
White Sorghum syrup
Brown Rice syrup

Hops:
Cascade

know it's not a recipe but I'm sure someone can covert this into a recipe that the so inclined can use. Like I said I thought this was a good beer.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Last edited by farmbrewernw; 01-12-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply