I brewed this one 3 weeks ago and will be bottling today. The taste out of the primary was fantastic. The taste right now is light, crisp, and lemony. It seems like it will be a fantastic summer beer. I can't wait until it's bottle conditioned and ready to go. Here is the recipe I used, in case anyone was curious. It was based on the original recipe and notes that were given.
6 lbs. Sorghum Syrup (60)
1 oz German Perle hop (45)
3 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice (30)
1 lb. Missouri Wildflower Honey (20)
1 oz. Coriander (10)
1 oz. Sweet Orange Peel (10)
1 oz. Bitter Orange Peel (10)
1 oz Mt. Hood Hops (5)
1 packet dry Nottingham Ale Yeast
Brought water to boil, added Sorghum for 60 minutes.
With 45 minutes left, added German Perle hops
With 30 minutes left, added 3 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
At this point, I made sure to stir every five minutes
With 20 minutes left, pulled the pot off the burner and added the honey
Returned pot to boil (started time when it reached its boil)
At 15, added 2 Irish moss tablets
At 10, added 1 oz bitter orange peel, 1 oz coriander, and 1 oz sweet orange peel
At 5, added 1 oz Mount Hood Hops
Opening Gravity was 1.052. Last gravity reading today was 1.014, making the alcohol percentage a respectable 5%.
Thanks for the recipe and notes!