New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > GF Fat Tire Clone Attempt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #31
gnubierguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainepolo12
I work about five minutes from rebel brewer and I will double check but I don't believe that is a gf kit. Hope I'm wrong though. Good guys.
You are correct it is not GF did not closely read the post . JT

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #32
Accidic

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Looks like it will probably be a pretty tasty product in any event but I don't know that you'll get that characteristic taste most clones go after. The one I'd had the most success/satisfaction was closest to Wackybrew's recipe but as has been pointed out it's not GF.

The obstacle to me looks like it would be the biscuit-like flavor. I've been toying with some of Palmer's recommendations for toasting his own malts and later moved up with a biscuitish/victoryish type target to fairly decent success. I wonder if you could take the same approach with the Buckwheat (albeit probably in somewhat smaller quantities). Roasting just doesn't quite have the same flavor to me (although to be fair I'm drawing parallels to Roasted Barley primarily). And if the belgian syrup can replace some of the Special B I'd wager it'd provide enough sweet to skip the crystal-like sub entirely. That's just me though.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #33
dabrews22
Recipes 

sounds like an interesting beer

Old 03-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #34
samorg42
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Why are people brewing gluten free? The beer is not very good. I know that people will Celiac disease and a couple of others need to be gluten free but I understand that is rare. Just a question- not a confrontation.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #35
Ash_Mathew
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well, you have kind of just answered your own question there, dude. We are brewing Gluten Free beers because we cannot have gluten, but still want beer. Our beers are actually quite good. Perhaps, you have only tried commercial ones and are judging all gluten free beers on these?

It's actually not so rare as you think. 1 in 100 people in Great Britain have Coeliac Disease.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #36
Safa
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 8

And there are an absolute **** ton of people who are not coeliac but are highly intolerant. Think eating month old Mexican food.

A little irreverence is good for the soul

Quick Reply