Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > GF Brewing with Chestnuts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #271
WissinomingBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My next batch will be a belgian white. researching it now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #272
GroupTherapy
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Has anyone tried using chestnut flour? I was thinking of giving this a try, but most places seem to be sold out of chestnut chips. Figured I could mix the flour with some water and bake little patties to gelatinize the starches and get the level of roast I'm looking for. Any suggestions or comments?

Old 11-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #273
Noontime
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupTherapy View Post
Has anyone tried using chestnut flour? I was thinking of giving this a try, but most places seem to be sold out of chestnut chips. Figured I could mix the flour with some water and bake little patties to gelatinize the starches and get the level of roast I'm looking for. Any suggestions or comments?
That's an interesting idea. I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on if it would work or not, but I'm curious to see what others have to say. You could always just do it on a small batch and see what happens.

www.noontimelabels.com

Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #274
lxmuir
Recipes 

Hi guys, sorry if this question has already been explained but i live in New Zealand and im trying to make my own chestnut chips. Has anyone attempted to do the same thing if so could you lend me any help?

Quick Reply