Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Experimental Batches

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #51
Lcasanova
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Oops, I meant to say mini autosiphon attached to a bottle filler- yes with a tube in between

But I guess if I had all that other fancy equipment I could do it that way too

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #52
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcasanova View Post
Oops, I meant to say mini autosiphon attached to a bottle filler- yes with a tube in between

But I guess if I had all that other fancy equipment I could do it that way too
I just didn't know if folks knew they exist. They are the greatest thing since the 1 gallon wine jug for the small batch homebrewer.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #53
Lcasanova

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I just didn't know if folks knew they exist. They are the greatest thing since the 1 gallon wine jug for the small batch homebrewer.
+1 on that, now I just need to find it. At least now I know that others are bottling these small batches in a similar way

Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #54
DKershner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Is the point of it just to not knock over the jug with the weight...or is it just to have less lost in the siphon itself? Does it have a smaller bottom cap?

I am trying to determine why it is necessary, I did know they existed but couldn't find an advantage.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #55
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKershner View Post
Is the point of it just to not knock over the jug with the weight...or is it just to have less lost in the siphon itself? Does it have a smaller bottom cap?

I am trying to determine why it is necessary, I did know they existed but couldn't find an advantage.
I had trouble using my big autosiphon on the gallon I couldn't get it to start to save my life, so I ran down the street to my LHBS that is three blocks away and got it.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #56
DKershner
Recipes 

Quote:
I had trouble using my big autosiphon on the gallon I couldn't get it to start to save my life, so I ran down the street to my LHBS that is three blocks away and got it.
I just do multiple pumps...does that not work with a gallon?

Old 09-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #57
Revvy

Recipes 

One option for a bottling bucket for these things comes from one of our members chubbykid . He has plans for a minikeg mashtun http://sites.google.com/site/chubbyk...keg-lauter-tun

Also a 1-2 gallon cooler can be used as one too.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #58
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKershner View Post
I just do multiple pumps...does that not work with a gallon?
Honestly I can't remember what the situation was, it was a couple years ago that I bought mine. It may even have simply been that my autosiphin couldn't fit comfortably in the small neck of the jug.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #59
DKershner
Recipes 

Quote:
Honestly I can't remember what the situation was, it was a couple years ago that I bought mine. It may even have simply been that my autosiphin couldn't fit comfortably in the small neck of the jug.
I'll make sure to do a water run before I do anything in them. I am pretty sure my LHBS doesn't have mini's on hand.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:55 AM   #60
Lcasanova

Recipes 

Finally got around to bottling the blonde. I ended up getting 9 bottles, booyah! Finished at 1010. I'm going to let this sit for 3 weeks before I test the first one. DKershner- one of these will make its way to you eventually.

Quick Reply