Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Experimental Batches

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #151
No_Party
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Where did you procure your Brown Rice Syrup? I've been looking online, and can't seem to find anything in bulk, or local.
High Gravity Brew:

http://www.highgravitybrew.com/produ...ee-69p3506.htm

They also sell Oat Malt, may not be completely GF. I've ordered a bunch of things from them, so far so good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #152
dorklord
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Interesting. Here's some quotes taken from that site:

BriesSweet™ Brown Rice 45 High Maltose can be used for 100% extract brewing to produce rice beer (sake) or use it with concentrated worts to produce almost any beer style.

As a grain-based syrup, it provides proteins and amino acids necessary for yeast nutrition, head retention and body along with color and flavor
Gluten free, hypo allergenic, non-GMO

BriesSweet™ Brown Rice Syrup 45DE High Maltose can be used for 100% extract brewing to produce rice beer
Use it with concentrated worts to produce almost any beer style.

And at 3 bucks a pound, that isn't all that bad. It makes me wonder what the difference between this and the brown rice syrup I can get at the grocery store is.

I may have to try to make sake...

That's bread yeast. Look at it sitting there, all depressed. Listless. Beer yeast doesn't look like that. It has hopes. Dreams. Something to look forward to...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply