Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Colorado Millet Malting Project

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
BBBF
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Colorado Millet Malting Project

Monday January 24, 2011 Colorado Malting Company and the Colorado Department of Agriculture finalized their agreement to proceed with the Colorado Millet Malting Project. This project includes Colorado Malting Company utilizing a grant from the Colorado Dept. of Ag. that will allow the company to experiment with three different varieties of Colorado grown millet. This project is expected to begin the first week in February 2011 and will deliver gluten free, 100 percent locally grown and malted millet into the hands of professional brewers all around the state of Colorado. The project should be completed by the last week of May of 2011 and hopes are high that it will not only create new malt markets, but that it will inspire new and exciting beers, as well as creating new markets for the millet farmers of Northern Colorado. Owners of Colorado Malting Company have expressed their excitement about the project and look forward to working hard to develop some original products for Colorado Brewers.

Colorado has a great advantage in the beer market, as they do not only have the fastest growing and largest micro brewing market in the nation, but they also have an all local malt company. This allows Colorado to produce some amazing beers, in which the final product has, literally, the flavors of its own region. As the project approaches its beginning stages, hopes are high that new markets and products will be created and that Colorado will continue to forge ahead toward success and originality in the micro brewing industry.

http://www.coloradomaltingcompany.co...-new&Itemid=61

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
DKershner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBF View Post
Monday January 24, 2011 Colorado Malting Company and the Colorado Department of Agriculture finalized their agreement to proceed with the Colorado Millet Malting Project. This project includes Colorado Malting Company utilizing a grant from the Colorado Dept. of Ag. that will allow the company to experiment with three different varieties of Colorado grown millet. This project is expected to begin the first week in February 2011 and will deliver gluten free, 100 percent locally grown and malted millet into the hands of professional brewers all around the state of Colorado. The project should be completed by the last week of May of 2011 and hopes are high that it will not only create new malt markets, but that it will inspire new and exciting beers, as well as creating new markets for the millet farmers of Northern Colorado. Owners of Colorado Malting Company have expressed their excitement about the project and look forward to working hard to develop some original products for Colorado Brewers.

Colorado has a great advantage in the beer market, as they do not only have the fastest growing and largest micro brewing market in the nation, but they also have an all local malt company. This allows Colorado to produce some amazing beers, in which the final product has, literally, the flavors of its own region. As the project approaches its beginning stages, hopes are high that new markets and products will be created and that Colorado will continue to forge ahead toward success and originality in the micro brewing industry.

http://www.coloradomaltingcompany.co...-new&Itemid=61
Who wants to pose as a professional brewer from Colorado?

Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
No_Party
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKershner View Post
Who wants to pose as a professional brewer from Colorado?
Hah! I was thinking the very same thing.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
BBBF
Recipes 

Yeah, if it was open to breweries in Chicago, I'd be calling them up right now. Give me the grain and I'll give you whatever recipe I come up with.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
DirtbagHB
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

F that, colorado only! they need to get this underway and sell it to home brewers.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
BBBF
Recipes 

I sent them an email, thanking them for taking on the challenge and asking if they'd consider selling millet malt to homebrewers. They said it it should be availible this summer.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
DirtbagHB
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i wonder what they would do if all uf us from the GF subsection of this forum were to send them a thank you email

Old 03-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
dorklord
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtbagHB View Post
i wonder what they would do if all uf us from the GF subsection of this forum were to send them a thank you email
I sent them an email saying that if the stuff goes up for sale, I'd love to know, and thanking them for their efforts.

That's bread yeast. Look at it sitting there, all depressed. Listless. Beer yeast doesn't look like that. It has hopes. Dreams. Something to look forward to...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
DKershner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtbagHB View Post
Sent.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #10
DirtbagHB
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

sent

Quick Reply