New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Brewing up a Gluten Free Beer this weekend- anyone else?




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Lcasanova
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Lcasanova's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Park Ridge, IL
Posts: 1,045
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Nice, mine's actually still in primary, next weekend I'll transfer to secondary and add the oak chips that are soaking in Jack Daniel's.



__________________
Lucky 13 Brewing Company
Est. 2009
Lcasanova is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
Lcasanova
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Lcasanova's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Park Ridge, IL
Posts: 1,045
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Brewing up a GF Double IPA tomorrow...anyone else brewing a GF brew this weekend?



__________________
Lucky 13 Brewing Company
Est. 2009
Lcasanova is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #13
aggieotis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 168
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Let me know if your Double ends up tasting winey. I've yet to make a batch of GF beer over about 6.5% that tasted right.

__________________
aggieotis is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
peterbronski
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 20
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Sunday was brew day for me. I'm attempting an all-grain GF Belgian Wit. Mostly malted millet, with some unmalted roasted millet and chestnuts (plus the usual...hops, bitter orange peel, coriander). OG was lower than I was shooting for, but I think I had poor efficiency (didn't crush the millet fine enough...grrr).

Cheer, Pete

__________________
peterbronski is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
DKershner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 1,870
Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcasanova View Post
Brewing up a GF Double IPA tomorrow...anyone else brewing a GF brew this weekend?
I actually finally brewed up that Lager. Should be an interesting one to taste, going to be adding a couple pounds of honey to the primary tomorrow.

http://brew.dkershner.com/2010/no-pils-pils/
DKershner is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #16
Lcasanova
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Lcasanova's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Park Ridge, IL
Posts: 1,045
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbronski View Post
Sunday was brew day for me. I'm attempting an all-grain GF Belgian Wit. Mostly malted millet, with some unmalted roasted millet and chestnuts (plus the usual...hops, bitter orange peel, coriander). OG was lower than I was shooting for, but I think I had poor efficiency (didn't crush the millet fine enough...grrr).

Cheer, Pete
That's still pretty awesome, I haven't had time to get back to malting lately
__________________
Lucky 13 Brewing Company
Est. 2009
Lcasanova is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #17
andrewdell19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: arizona
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcasanova View Post
Brewing an IIPA that I'm going to secondary with some oak soaked in Jack Daniel's.

Having problems with the recipe, mainly because I may not be able to get some Amber Candi sugar and because it was a last minute decision.

Really just an excuse to drink some beer, teach a friend to brew and play some Xbox 360

So, who else is brewing?
I brewed an IPA that weekend as well. What hops and qty did you use? When I get home I will post my recipe on this thread.

Awesome another accountant who brews beer and plays XBOX 360... play COD modern warfare 2 by chance? If so hit me up online!!! tag name is blze
__________________
andrewdell19 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #18
andrewdell19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: arizona
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcasanova View Post
Brewing up a GF Double IPA tomorrow...anyone else brewing a GF brew this weekend?
Just got done brewing a stout this past weekend. GF oats is a good way to get that silky texture in the beer.
__________________
andrewdell19 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #19
Lcasanova
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Lcasanova's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Park Ridge, IL
Posts: 1,045
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdell19 View Post
I brewed an IPA that weekend as well. What hops and qty did you use? When I get home I will post my recipe on this thread.

Awesome another accountant who brews beer and plays XBOX 360... play COD modern warfare 2 by chance? If so hit me up online!!! tag name is blze
I haven't touched my 360 in months and I haven't even gotten in to COD, maybe this summer though..

Depending on how the beer turns out- I will post the recipe, as of right now I am thrilled- it smells delicious

Here's a little though:
.5 oz Chinook (90)
2.5 oz Warrior (90)
1 oz Simcoe (45)
1 oz Columbus (30)
1 oz Simcoe (flame out)
2.25 oz Centennial (flame out)

Dry hopping with Simcoe, Centennial and Columbus additions every week for 3 weeks.

I adapted it from a Pliny Clone recipe on here.
__________________
Lucky 13 Brewing Company
Est. 2009
Lcasanova is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #20
andrewdell19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: arizona
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcasanova View Post
I haven't touched my 360 in months and I haven't even gotten in to COD, maybe this summer though..

Depending on how the beer turns out- I will post the recipe, as of right now I am thrilled- it smells delicious

Here's a little though:
.5 oz Chinook (90)
2.5 oz Warrior (90)
1 oz Simcoe (45)
1 oz Columbus (30)
1 oz Simcoe (flame out)
2.25 oz Centennial (flame out)

Dry hopping with Simcoe, Centennial and Columbus additions every week for 3 weeks.

I adapted it from a Pliny Clone recipe on here.
Wow thats hopping it up! When I originally started to bew GF beer I was interested in doing an IPA but the guy who works at the homebrew store said that lots of hops and sorghum dont mix. I found this NOT to be the case and more hops covers teh sorghum taste... Maybe he used hops that I didnt use...


__________________
andrewdell19 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gluten Free Brewing Observations FatMonsters Gluten Free Brewing 29 03-19-2012 05:05 AM
Gluten Free Brewing- DPP-IV enzymes? casebrew Gluten Free Brewing 9 10-17-2009 12:06 AM
gluten free brewing. colivari Gluten Free Brewing 7 07-07-2009 10:48 PM