Yeast trades?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have some washed yeast that I'm thinking about freezing in glycerin solution. All of my samples are in 1/2 jars washed from the first batch they were used in. I'm going to start mixing them in 15% glycerin solution and package them into white labs vials. If anyone would be interested I have:
Wlp090 San Diego super
Wy1968 London esb
Saflager 34/70
Wlp800 pils lager
And will have soon:
Bry 97 northwest ale
Wlp 500 Trappist
These two I'll make a starter with, freeze half and use the other.
Let me know if you're interested, I'm looking for some brett, German ale/kolsch and anything you might have.
Thanks, Ari

Ps I have some ice packs from previous yeast shipping and I'm shipping from Washington

If it is in the glycerine solution,would one just make a normal starter with it?

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Home Brew mobile app

I think it would be best to do a 2 step. First pour off most of the liquid, then swirl the rest and start with 250-500mls and then step up to 1-2l.

Well then,I have Brett B,Brett B Trois,Brett Custersianus and my house Brett mix.
I would love 1968 and wlp 500.
I am in Thailand though,and understand if this pises problems.

Have you tried mailing things to the us? I would be worried about the cost and keeping the yeast in good temperatures for a long shipment. I'm pretty interested in your yeasts.

Brett is ok with rough treatment, its a bit of a bad boy.
Postage from here is quite cheap when compared to the world(western).

If you want to go for it,pm me.
I only have two vials that I could use though,so you have a choice

Back