Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Yeast question.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
brewfeller
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Yeast question.

I have already kegged my Old Ale. I know it was under attenuated it came out at 10% but I was shooting for about 13.5-14% I used London Dry Ale yeast. it quit at 10% I have already kegged this beer thinking that I thought I would like it a bit sweet. However I am now thinking it is too sweet. Can I pitch some yeast directly in the keg in the beer as it is? maybe a champagne yeast? OR would that dry it out too much? I would like a little sweetness in there.
Am I stuck with what I've got?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
helibrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 39

If you're going to try that, I would make a starter of WLP099 Super High Gravity yeast and pitch that. The Champagne yeast isn't going to do anything for you unless there are some simple sugars left.

Primary:
Brite Tank/Lagering:
Kegged: Hefeweizen, Chocolate Hazelnut Porter, Kumquat Saison, Tart Cherry Cider, Belgian Tripel, Maibock Bock, Ommegang Abbey Ale Clone, Belgian Golden Strong, German Pils (WLP830)
Bottled: Belgian Quad (Grand Reserve), Derangement (Belgian Dark Strong)
On Deck:
My Site: www.restlesscellars.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply