A couple issues with this yeast being that number one, it is very sensitive. From a couple of online boards like brewingnetwork, BBBoard, and morebeer, it appears that this yeast cannot be abused by temp changes, underpitching, low oxygen, and also seems to have trouble with higher mash temps (this being my issue).
1. Pitch a veeery large active starter (I did about 1 cup full). Oxygenate high and do it the next 2-3 days.
2. Pitch this starter around 60 degrees and primary ferment at 65 degrees for the first couple days.
3. Let it ramp up to 70 or just above after this let it ride for more than 4 weeks, maybe longer. It's a slow burner.
4. Mash temps are questionable depending on how many adjuncts and crystal/caramel malts. I'd now do 150 degrees for 90 minutes. As you can see I used many fermentable sugars (including the pilsner malts,dme and grain) and a low ratio of caramel/adjuncts.
My experience thus far with a batch I brewed 1.5 weeks ago.
A little complicated since I overshot my sparge water and did an 8 gallon batch instead split with 2 gallons going with wyeast 1214.
13lb 15oz Belgian Pilsner Malt
3 lb ~ Briess Pilsen Light DME
2lb 8oz X-Light Dry Malt Extract
1lb 12oz Briess Caramunich
1 lb ~ Belgian Candi Syrup, Clear
1lb ~ Candi Syrup D-180
1lb ~ Flaked Corn (Maize)
1lb ~ Belgian Candy Sugar Dark
~ 9oz Belgian Special B
~ 8oz Flaked Oats
~ 3oz Weyermann Carafa I
Mashed for 60 minutes at 153. Boil for 90 min. I fermented at a controlled 60-62 ambient degrees. Blow-off strong. The krausen dropped after three whole days. I ramped it up to low 70's after 5 full days and now have it in the upper 70's low 80's. The reason is that the gravity was only 1.044 after 1 whole week, 4 days after the krausen fell. After 1.5 weeks it's 1.042. A whopping 58% attenuation thus far . .
I'm still gonna let it ride for 4 weeks plus and then if my FG is still too high I'm pitching it onto a 3711 cake of about 1 gallon+ of yeast slurry.