I recently brewed a british bitter extract i got as a gift, the default dry was danstar windsor. After reading mostly not so pleasant posts about it i picked up some notty just in case. Just wanted to sing it's praises a little, as of last night ( 7 days in primary) it has dropped from OG 1.036 down to 1.01! Ferment temp in primary was kept at a cool 64F maybe dipping down as low as 62F but never higher than 64F. now another 2 weeks in the bucket and we'll bottle it up! sample tasted excellent though, no extract twang that i can detect. Just thought i'd give some props to this bad rep.
Also this was my first extract batch, only AG so far. I did a full boil which i think was very beneficial. I really really enjoyed how nice this was to make, shorter brew day, quicker turn around with low grav brews. may do this more often to get that pipeline stocked!