Wild Yeast Isolated from Cantillon Blabaer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phattysbox

Reaction score
Hi Eeveryone!

In addition to my pitching rate experiment, I also have another side project that might interest peeps here at homebrewtalk.

I've managed to isolate two independent strains of wild yeast from Cantillon Blabaer. You can find the experiments here:

Wild Yeast Isolated From Cantillon Balbaer | Brew Science – Homebrewing Blog

I'll be doing some forced fermentation tests and will eventually brew a batch of homebrew. I don't mind sharing this yeast once I characterize it!!

Jason

:mug:

Awesome! I captured what I thought was a very nice wild yeast in a very unscientific manner. Had it going for around a month, then a plumber was doing some work in our basement and knocked the glass jug over. I was heartbroken.

Anyways, that's pretty sweet!

Very nice, crazy how you only got one colony of the second strain.

Since you had to allow the dregs to grow in wort for a few days perhaps that was the reason there was such a strong selection for the one strain. It might not necessarily be that they outcompeted everything else completely, it could be that it's better at surviving in the long term or maybe even that it kills other strains, something like that.

Very cool.

Back