Okay I'm assuming that everyone has heard this story
Well in the spirit of being a mad scientist, I decided to try to see if I could do it, here's what followed:
At the end of my last brew day (pre-prohibition Am. Pils), I sanitized a One Pint Mason Jar, the lid, and a zip lock bag with star san. I filled half of the jar with unformented work right out of the brew pot (Before chilling), put the sanitized lid on it and chilled it in an ice bath. After that plucked three wiskers from my luxurious full Mane, and deposited them in the wort sample. I placed the san. ziplock over the mouth of jar and rubbernanded it on, deflated the air (as much as I could). I had previously taken a gravity sample right from the kettle at 1.058 (corrected). After three days I noticed a yeast layer on the bottom, which continued to grow over the next few days associated with the ziplock inflating with co2. Then a layer of krausen began to form over the wort, and on the sides of the jar.
After ten days at 69 degrees, I took the gravity and It had dropped to 1.008.
By my math that indicated a 6.5 ABV, 196 calories per twelve oz serving, and a Attentuation of 67.3%!!!!!!
Well naturally I had to taste it..........and it was different. Not what I was shooting for for my pre-pro...but it did taste like beer. Very Carbed, Slight cider notes, but recognizable as beer.
Of course the wife was totally grossed out, and promised me that if I didn't dump it she would ever trust drinking my beer again (fearing that I might use that yeast). However there was clandestine propagation, that rests at the back of my kegerator with the coded label (Bart #1) which of course is beard in german