Last days to enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Wheat yeast for non-wheat beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
barefoot_trashko
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Wheat yeast for non-wheat beer?

I'm in China and I need to brew in a couple days and I'm in a pinch. Unfortunately, I can't just walk down to my LHBS. I have no wheat and only have Fermentis Safbrew WB-06 Wheat Beer Dry Yeast. If I am making an Amber or Brown Ale am I going to have any problems? I've been roasting my own grain and I'm fairly flexible in terms of trying different recipes. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
CityOChampBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

it will work, look the yeast up for what you can expect out of the flavor profile

Kegged empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply