Washing WLP007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibbnal

Reaction score
For those of you who have harvested WLP 007, did you find that the healthy white yeast settled out before all of the crud? I've seen references to it being difficult to separate; mine separated great - just in the wrong order. It looks like the clumpy stuff went right to the bottom with a little bit of trub and the brown stuff stayed in the middle below the layer liquid. Thinking I will leave well enough alone and dump off that gunk before reusing. Jkarp's "brown cottage cheese" is not appealing.

Not sure, but I'm curious what the answer is, as i'm going to start re-using this yeast myself.

Yeah I reallyed liked the results, just not sure how best to handle it from here. This last batch had to be the clearest primary I have ever had. And that was in 10 days.

Its almost impossible to wash properly. I just pitch slurry if I'm going to be re-using it. Love the strain though, I've used it at least 6 or 8 times.

Latest posts

Back