Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Using Washed Yeast to Judge Clearing Time

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
barhoc11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Using Washed Yeast to Judge Clearing Time

I started lagering my Kolsch and while racking to the secondary, I washed some yeast. In the containers I used to wash my yeast, the solution is still cloudy like I imagine it would be in the secondary. Is the solution in my washed yeast container a good indicator of how clear my beer is in the secondary?

I know I added water during the yeast washing but I imagine they have to be similar in yeast suspension, can I use this to determine when my secondary has cleared up and ready for me to keg?

I am not lazy but I just don't want to move my secondary around and stir up the yeast which is in my keezer lagering.

Thanks!

Keezer Slot #1 - Wheat Beer
Keezer Slot #2 - Raspberry Wheat
Keezer Slot #3 - Zombie Dust Clone
Keezer Slot #4 - Rye IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply