Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Using Saison "temperature Ramp" techinique on non-saison yeast

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
KyleWolf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

apologies, it seemed like the convo was taking a turn toward saison. I jumped the gun, and I also think I confused this thread with another I am on currently, my mistake and apologies.

Right, I could use simple sugars to get the FG down as well as mash low, which ultimately I would do (The mashing low part anyways). I am just interested in the effects of ramping with a clean ale yeast. I really need to stop posting when I am half asleep/drunk lol.

Currently in the works...

Primary 1:Honey Rye Saison
Primary 2:
Primary 3:
Secondary:
Secondary:

Up next: Rye Amber Ale, Brett Braggot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
DKershner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Ramping it within range is a common practice and done by many brewers.
Ramping it out of range would cause the same things that fermenting at those temperatures does, but not as vigorously. At a semi-high temp, you will get some increased attenuation and esters. At a really high temp you will get less attenuation and you risk some other things like yeast health.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply