Trip to Maui with benefits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clementine

Reaction score
So the wife thought that a trip to Maui (not that far when you live on Oahu) was a safe beer free destination.... ha ha ha! God Bless Maui Brewing Company. For those mainlanders if you ever see their IIPA or the Cascadian Rye Dake Ale then we Hawaiian Islanders are doing something wrong, not drinking enough:drunk:. That stuff is great. If you are ever in Maui check them out great beer, nice people.

So the benefits besides getting to visit the brewery and their brew pub was some Wyeast something I was not expecting to see in Maui. Being stuck on Oahu with only one brew shop we are limited to White Labs that Mike stocks really well however variety is the spice of life. So the Maui Brewing Company also doubles as the LHBS. They let the homebrew club into their grain and hops stash to keep the locals in supply. They also stock wyeast, obviously their range is not great but as I have zero stocks I could not help but bring some home. They had 1056 well that is the same as 001 so I did not bother but they had 1332 to I grabbed one of those to try. I'm thinking IPA maybe a cascadian dark ale... Yum. The icing on the cake was they were throwing away a bunch of wyeast that arrived swelled and they offered me some so I even got free yeast, I'm going to throw two into a starter and see how they go.

Clem

Back