New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > is there a wyeast substitute for danstar windsor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
parratt1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default is there a wyeast substitute for danstar windsor?

Hello,
Am about to order supplies for my second batch of beer. Is a Newcastle clone. My first batch used a wyeast smack pack and I had good results
Is there one that is a good sub for danstar Windsor? Not sure if I am ready to tackle a dry yeast yet.
Thank you!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
wyzazz
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Not ready to tackle dry yeast??!! Umm, rehydrate it in a cup of 80F water that has been boiled/cooled, and pour it in to the fermenter. You can even just sprinkle the dry yeast in to the wort, dry is much easier than liquid.

And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
parratt1
Recipes 

Really? I thought you had to do a starter and all kinds of stuff. Heck if that is all there is too it even I should be able to handle that!
Thank you

Old 02-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
wyzazz
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Nope, starters are for liquid yeasts. Like that Wyeast Smack Pack you used and the White Labs vials. Dry Yeasts come ready to pitch, you want to use 2 packs if your OG is going to be over 1.065 though.

And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2666 Times on 1717 Posts
Likes Given: 2181

Your answer is probably here:

http://www.mrmalty.com/yeast.htm

[edit] well maybe not! sorry.

Eyes closed, we imagined our pain as a ball of white healing light floating around our feet and rising to our knees, our waist, our chest. Our chakras opening. The heart chakra. The head chakra. Chloe talked us into caves where we meet our power animal. Mine was a penguin.

Last edited by passedpawn; 02-22-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply