Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Temp time line

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
abarhan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Temp time line

I have a fermentation chamber and have a few questions on temperature during different stages.

On Ales, I have the temp set to the middle of the temp range for that yeast during active fermentation.

After fermentation slows should I bring temp to the top of the range or just leave it?

How long/gradual should I cold crash it after active fermentation?

Is it better to condition warmer and then cold crash or vice versa?

I have one chamber and a keezer, can I warm a lager up for a week or so while a ale is in primary, any ill effects?

Thanks and pre apologize if this has been answered, searched for a while and dint catch any answers.

You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

Can we turn our beds into bunk beds? It would free up so much room for activities.

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

Exposure Brewing Co.

Follow on FB, Schwitter and Goggle+

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Double-R
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What "I" do..
I tend to go toward the low side of the recommended temp US-05 and S-04>>around 62...
To ward off ... Off flavors.. Now after 2 days "After" the krausen has falling.
I take it out ferm/cham. And put it out on table that's 68 air temp.. to finish it off..3 weeks
Then cold crash>>> 2 days.....Then keg

Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
abarhan
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yea that's what I have been doing for the most part. I just bump it up a few degrees and then drop it 2-3 degrees a day till its close to 35 degrees for a week or two or until I have keg space. Should I be cold crashing then raiseing it up to condition before tapping? I know that conditioning happens faster at room temp and the crash is supposed to drop yeast out, but does it hurt to leave it at 40ish for a few week vs. room temp?

You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

Can we turn our beds into bunk beds? It would free up so much room for activities.

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

Exposure Brewing Co.

Follow on FB, Schwitter and Goggle+

Quick Reply