New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Stuck Fermentation Problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
lk2bru2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duboman

Hopefully you did not oxidize your beer by pouring it into keg, keep your fingers crossed that you were able to
Purge it out.
Slow pour we shall see

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #22
RBelanger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I host poker nights often and if I dont have a home brew ready to serve, I just pour a case of beer in a corny keg with the gas constantly at 5-10psi . I know its a waste of gas but I've never had a problem. Plus everyone loves pouring their own beer. Hopefully yours turns out!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #23
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2634 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 2147

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBelanger View Post
I host poker nights often and if I dont have a home brew ready to serve, I just pour a case of beer in a corny keg with the gas constantly at 5-10psi . I know its a waste of gas but I've never had a problem. Plus everyone loves pouring their own beer. Hopefully yours turns out!
Serious?

Old 08-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #24
RBelanger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

lol, what do you mean "serious?". Its not often that I do that....but if I have a bottle condition beer and I'm not satisfied with the carbonation level, I pour it into a keg this way so that I reduce the risk of oxidizing the beer and everyone's happy.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #25
zacster
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Everybody seems to think this is such a bad idea, but I did it myself when my lager didn't carbonate in the bottle. It does NOT oxidize the beer, at least not enough to ruin it in the short time it'll take to finish it.

What's there to lose anyway? Here I had a batch that was undrinkable, and I ended up putting it into my keg and having a few friends over. It was gone over the weekend, and everyone thought it was the best beer they ever had, myself included. I have a batch of stout right now in the same condition, but stout is a little tougher because you don't want it heavily carbonated and it's better with Nitro.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #26
RBelanger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anyways...Just took a hydrometer reading after another week ( 4 weeks after pitching yeast) and it read 1.012 which is a little lower than I expected but it better than 1.020. It's the first time I had to warm a batch up and it did wonders. Thanks for all the help guys. Im glad I didnt have to repitch. Secondary tomorrow for dry hopping

Do you guys think that leaving it in the primary for 4 weeks on the cold side will affect the flavour??

Old 08-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #27
lk2bru2
Recipes 

IPA a hit! Still has low carbonation after a week of co2. Gets better every day.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #28
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2634 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 2147

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBelanger View Post
lol, what do you mean "serious?". Its not often that I do that....but if I have a bottle condition beer and I'm not satisfied with the carbonation level, I pour it into a keg this way so that I reduce the risk of oxidizing the beer and everyone's happy.
Sorry, I had the impression you poured commercial beer (i.e., bud) into the keg, then served it as your homebrew.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all for bottled homebrew that didn't carbonate. Might do that myself some day. If served soon, oxidation shouldn't be a problem.

Quick Reply