Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > strong wheat ale - secondary?
View Poll Results: Secondary, or primary-only?
Primary-only 1 100.00%
Secondary 0 0%
Secondary, add blueberries 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Jogurt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default strong wheat ale - secondary?

I have 8 days old wheat ale in primary and there is this decision I have to make. Should I secondary, or go for primary-only?

I have read, that wheat ales in particular are absolutely OK with primary only. But then, this is 2/3 premium pilsner malt and 1/3 wheat malt with O.G. 1.066 so that may mix the cards a bit.

I know that there is no definite "correct" answer to this question. What I am looking for are personal opinions. Preferably from people, who have experience with this particular beer style.

Hopefully someone with this kind of experience will pop up, I have seen that nearly everyone here has brews like strawberry milkshake caramel hamburger infused purple ale lying around. :-)

Also my first post

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply