Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Stout Conical Fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Brolan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Stout Conical Fermenter

Any thoughts on these? Read some descent reviews and the cost is at least half of Blichmann, Brewhemoth.
Anyone here use one?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Default Yup

Had if for a few years now (7.3g) Should've gone bigger from the start. Now I'm getting the 40g w/ sprayball thank you! Other than that I love mine! Great build quality, Really nice welds!

ManasquanRiverBrewingllc@outlook.com

"Custom Hand Crafted Fine Brewing Implements, Mash Paddles & Wood Working For Brewers by a Brewer. Serving both Pro Brewers and Home Brewing Customers"

Available thru the Fine Folks at MoreBeer! Inc., and Love2Brew.com.

Also available thru select Local Home Brew Stores
World Wide.

Like us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManasquanRiverBrewingLLC?ref=hl

Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Robg773
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've had mines since last July. I was comparing them to blichmann for months before I made my purchase. I ended up getting a 14.5 gallon fermenter with all the bells and whistles and everytime I use it I never regret it. I've had the opportunity to get a blichmann at a fair price but it doesn't look as sturdy as the stout although I've never seen a blichmann in person. Hands down stout conicals for me. I got the butterfly valves, wheels, thermometer, 3in hole in lid to dry hop, racking arm. I tell you what, spend the money now and it'll save u future aggravation. Easy as heck to clean as well. Hope this helps you and good luck.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Brolan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Ordered the Stout 10.6 gallon conical after months of researching online. Haven't received it yet but do believe its the best buy out there on conical fermenters. I've had several e-mails with John and have to say his customer service is first rate. I'll post again when I pick it up. I believe I'll be as happy with it as I've been with doing business with John.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
shine
Recipes 

Location: Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia (A reason to homebrew in itself)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the Blichmann 14.5 gallon and I love it. Brought it home, luved it up and filled it with cherry wheat. My girlfriend sleeps on the floor now... Not sure why she looks at me the way she does... perhaps I need a beer?

I don't know about other conicals but I love the tri-clamp fittings on my Blich and it is a breeze to work with. The only thing I can't really do is load it into a temp-controlled environment (aka the converted chest freezer). I've been told by a reliable source that I won't wake up in the morning if I convert the girlfriend's shoe closet into a walk in fridge...

Conditioning: Velhos Tempos - Cherry Wheat; Old Solipsist - Bock

Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
Brolan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

10.6 gallon Stout conical is here and it is first rate. Welds are smooth and polished and not a ding or scratch on it. Costumer service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend doing business with John at Stout and will buy from him for any future equipment.

Quick Reply