Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Spontainious fermentation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 487 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default Spontainious fermentation

Did a big brew day yesterday showing how easy Biab is. 9 people 5 brewing + my 20 gallon pot running a triple batch of Pilsner. I had 2 of the people who paid their share of the grain bill, (after helping kill 8 gallons of beer I had brought for the day) just left no good byes or anything. Tried to call but right to voice mail so guess they didn't want their wort.

Sorry for the back story anyway I split my starter between 2 batches. The other I had to rack into a grain bucket, I racked to a sanitized fermenter when I got home. Here is the thing I removed a yeast culture and ended up falling asleep before it warmed up enough to pitch but this morning I had kraeusen all the way up to the bung. So I figure it picked up a yeast from the crushed grain bucket (I rinsed but couldn't sanitize) so it's a crap shoot as to hao/what it will be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 192 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Yeast and very likely lactobacillus. Malt is loaded with it

Primary: Pale Ale
Brewing soon: Saison
Recently kicked : ( IPA, Bock, Saison,
Pilsner Urquell Master Homebrewer
(1st NYC 2011, 2nd NYC 2012)
P U crowns winners in its inaugural master HB competition

Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
mstbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Congrats on a very big Berliner Weisse! It is almost certainly lactobacillus fermenting your wort. Hope you like lemonade! I love Berliner Weisse, on of my favorite styles.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
beaksnbeer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 487 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstbrewery View Post
Congrats on a very big Berliner Weisse! It is almost certainly lactobacillus fermenting your wort. Hope you like lemonade! I love Berliner Weisse, on of my favorite styles.
If life gives you lemons

Quick Reply