Something Odd With Starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTS

Reaction score
Hello,

I made a starter yesterday with a Wyeast London ESB 1968 everything seemed to be fine but the yeast pack did seem a bit chunky. Well i came home from work and my starter now looks like the following video and pictures. Any idea what happened? Is it still good to use?

Thanks!

Video

Pictures

Normal for 1968 and a few other very flocculent yeasts. The descriptor egg drop soup is a perfect fit. Nothing to worry about.

Normal for 1968 and a few other very flocculent yeasts. The descriptor egg drop soup is a perfect fit. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks Flars!

First time using this yeast, was kinda worried. Going to imagine it will clump together pretty good when i cold crash it.

I had the same happen to me with Whitelabs WLP005. Fermentation went great and everything worked :)

Good to know. Just when you think you have a pretty good grasp on this hobby you learn something new.

Latest posts

Back