Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > should I be using a glass carboy as the primary fermented?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #11
Jpbrown18966
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I actually use those two cleaners and do not rinse. Is their a chance that I could be using too much of that product?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #12
bell0347
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I've had issues with the same off favors in the past but have managed to do away with it for awhile now. I now keg most batches and I have never had the plastic off flavor in my keg. I got rid of plastic fermenters, vinyl tubing, plastic racking canes, etc. I use stainless steel or glass where I can. All my hoses are now hi temp silicon. I do still use a cooler as a mash tun though. I use star San religiously and clean everything very well prior to storage. I pay close attention to ferm temps and oxygenation now too. Been making some darn good beer!!!! Good luck.

B.Bell

"Hell, it aint rocket surgery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Beer should never enter a septic system until it's had a trip through the kidneys first. :D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply